A New Holiday


Annabel likes to come up with her own holidays and special events. We've had Special Gift Giving Day, Tea Party Day, and Spirit's Feeling Sad and Needs a Present Day, among many others.

Yesterday was camping day.

I know, the weather is frigid and there's snow on the ground, but it was camping day all the same. Now, you're probably imagining tents and campfires (and thinking how crazy I must be), so I should explain a little more (as it was explained to me). Camping day happens in the living room and involves a sleeping bag, a stack of books, and every stuffed animal in the house. Everyone has to be on the sleeping bag at all times, no matter how cramped it is, and you have to share the books. Conveniently, the sleeping bag easily slides along the floor, with everything piled on top, so it can be relocated in the bedroom come bedtime.

So, mark your calendars for Camping Day 2012! It'll be here before you know it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome! We may celebrate our Camping Day today. I really like 'The Spirit's Feeling Sad Day'. I'm wondering, though, is this the inner spirit? or do you have an extra 'some one' living with you?

Andrea said...

Sometimes it feels like there's a mischievous poltergeist living in our house, but it's really just Annabel's cat, Spirit, and his silly antics. He's one of the feistiest, most-loved, rotten little creatures ever created.

Kelly said...

There can never be enough camping days! What a wonderful imagination and creative spirit your daughter has. From the looks of your amazing illustrations one would gather she gets it from you Andrea!

Andrea said...

Aw, thank you, Kelly. She is an amazing kid.

Anonymous said...

I love camping day!! I think I'll celebrate next week when I go babysit my niece and nephews!

Andrea said...

I think camping day should be a national holiday :)