Sibling Dynamics

For six years, Annabel was an only child. As I'm sure you know, there is a huge difference between dealing with the antics of just one creative child and dealing with the dynamics between two very imaginative children. The noise level, for one thing, is a lot different. I had no idea how much I was missing out on.

Yesterday's recurring conversation:

Ella: Sister, are you a monkey?
Annabel: No!
Ella: Are you a robot?
Annabel: NO!
Ella: Are you a monkey robot?
Annabel: No! Mom, why did you have to teach her those words?

Annabel doesn't like monkeys and has a strong distrust of robots (see my previous blog entry for more about that). At only two-years old, Ella has already made this fascinating discovery about her sister (I'm pretty sure she will either be very successful in the business world someday or a world dominating super villain).

No comments: